What folks are saying about WLS Success Matters - Testimonials
Contributed by a happy participant in The Original WLS Success Matters Weekly Weigh-In Group™:
Being part of The Original WLS Success Matters Weekly Weigh-In Group™ seems like such a small thing but I feel like it is THE thing that has pushed me to be successful so far.
Today I bought size 14 jeans from Old Navy without trying them on. I didn't believe that I was a true size 14 yet, so when I got home I started giving myself a pep talk about how in a few weeks I will surely be able to wear these jeans, they were going to be motivation jeans. I tried them on and they fit with room to spare. I lost weight during December and even through the week of Christmas.
I get startled sometimes when I see my reflection in a shop window, it's hard to believe that woman is me. In March I thought I would only be able to get down to 180lbs, today I am 15lbs away from that goal so I have realized that my ultimate goal is yet to be determined and is far from 180. A man in a cowboy hat told me today that I was beautiful.
All of these triumphs were possible because The Original WLS Success Matters Weekly Weigh-In Group™ has encouraged and challenged me to be my BEST SELF. Thanks for all of the shares and wisdom I am looking forward to this year's journey with all of you guys.
- “I’ve lost 40 pounds as a participant and I feel like I’m part of a weight loss family that all gets to know each other.”
- “I’m so happy to have a place to share all my excitement and struggles. I’m so excited to make new goals this year!”
- “It’s been amazing. The input and support from both of you and from the community has been amazing.”
- “Love you guys.”
- “You ladies are a great inspiration from the beginning and throughout my continuous journey. Thank you for excellent information.”
- “…my success matters and thank you for yours…xoxo”
- “Helping me to remember there is no perfection - that I am doing awesome and I am worth it.”
- “I was impacted in many ways. I received much needed support and encouragement and affirmation, as well as ideas for protein/produce living.”
- From a motivational speaker and coach participating in one of our programs - “It’s nice to wear a different ‘hat’ and get support (and give, but in a different way).”
- “Kept me accountable, motivated and informed. Loved the group, just signed up again for January 2014.”
- “I did sign up a couple of times for support groups and what little bit I did participate I did find the private weigh-ins and phone calls to be beneficial and supportive.”
- “I just wish I could get my head screwed on straight and get more committed to my weight loss surgery again. You guys are awesome and were always supportive and there for me and available quickly with answers to forum posts, etc….thanks”
- “I stay accountable to weekly weigh-ins (even when they are not good). I also…need the support and encouragement from others.”
- “Where do I start? My surgeon told me 3 ½ years ago that support groups will give me an 80% success rate with weight loss surgery. I couldn’t find a local group that was close, convenient, and met at night after my work hours. I started with the Weekly Weigh-In program and found everything I had hoped for and more. A private support group open 24/7 with accountability, support, recipe/exercise sharing at an extremely affordable price. I have never had the level of success in my weight loss as I have had since participating in WLS Success Matters groups. I share it with everyone I know because I truly feel it is the perfect support program for any WLS patient out there!”
- “I have been in this Weekly Weigh-In Group for a year. It has been essential to my weight loss journey. Between Wendy and Sandi and the love and support daily it has guided me to be a stronger person. I have not only learned a lot about weight loss in whole, but learned a lot about myself too. I have mentioned this group to my surgeon quite often. He always asked how I know so much information and I always refer back to this group and the both of you. I’d also like to give a shout out to the girls in this group and the girls that have been through this with me. All of you have been key in my journey. The encouragement and support has been the vital life line I needed to keep moving forward. All of you have picked me up when fallen and have kept me motivated to keep going. Thank you!”
- “This group is my number 1 key to success. Knowing I have a place to share my journey and stay accountable has kept me on track and also helps me to evaluate my plan weekly. My biggest lesson learned in the group is that my old habits are not as far behind me as I thought and I have to continue to put effort into my plan or I will go back to 300 pounds. I did survive this holiday season 2013, and while I didn’t lose weight every week, I didn’t gain as I have in the past. Knowing I have to weigh in on Tuesday gives me the extra push.”
- From a Bariatric Coordinator - “I use this information in our support group. I love the information.”
- “Knowing I have to post my weight has been the best accountability for me. Thanks for this group.”
- “I love the accountability.”
- “I love the accountability and the support. Those weigh-ins definitely keep me honest.”
- “I really love this group. I go to support group once a week, but I have no support at home. I can come here at any hour just to read posts from everyone. It may take me a few times of reading/hearing something, eventually I ‘get it’! Looking forward to the next group and doing better.”
- “Just learned something from another’s comment- she said, ‘I fought for myself”. That is something I can strive for - MYSELF! Thank you!”
- Regarding the group graph - “Look at that downward line. So happy to see significant loss since we began.”
- “I had hoped my journey would be a STRAIGHT line downward….instead it is a TREND. I’m learning every day. Not only valuable information but from my missteps. Love this group!”